Find the best orthodontists near me
Need to make a orthodontist appointment this week? Use Medimap to find and book orthodontists near you. It’s simple, secure and free.
How to book a orthodontist
AccessWe are growing our network of thousands of clinic partnerships that allows patients to access same-day and next-day care.
ConvenienceWe simplify the process by making it easy to compare and select a Orthodontist 24/7.
BookPatients can book an appointment in just a few clicks with a local Orthodontist.
Frequently Asked Questions about Orthodontists
What is Medimap?
medimap.ca is a website that is used by thousands of Canadians to access local care in their community, including walk in clinics, chiropractors, physiotherapy and much more. Thousands of health clinics and walk in clinics publish their appointment availability or wait times on medimap.ca making it easy to search, compare and book a new appointment. Appointment booking is available for:
- Physiotherapy clinics
- Chiropractic clinics
- Massage Therapy clinics
- Optometry clinics
- Mental Health clinics
Does Medimap offer virtual care services near me?
Yes. In addition to publishing walk in clinic wait times, Medimap offers virtual care services. When you visit our website and click on the Virtual Care tile below the search bar, you’ll be prompted to enter your province. Once a province has been selected, medimap.ca checks to see if there are any doctors currently available. If there are doctors available, you’ll be prompted to complete a form. If no doctors are available, you have the option to enter your email and be notified when a doctor becomes available in your province.
How can I cancel an appointment that I’ve booked on Medimap?
Once you have completed a booking on our website, your details will be passed on to the clinic you’ve booked with. If you need to cancel or change your appointment, please call the clinic directly. Their information is in the booking confirmation email that is sent to you upon making a booking.
Is Medimap free?
Yes. medimap.ca is free to use. Users can book health appointments or check wait times at nearby walk-in clinics. Each clinic charges for consultations, and pricing varies by clinic. Our goal is to make it easy for Canadians to access the care they need when they need it.
I have a health issue but I’m not sure where I should go.
If you have a health concern and are not 100% sure which health professional or clinic you should see, it’s best to start with a general practitioner at a walk in clinic. By visiting a walk-in clinic, a doctor can do an assessment and evaluate the issue to determine next steps. A walk-in clinic doctor has enough knowledge to know if you should need a specialist to help resolve your issue or not. A virtual care consultation can also be an option to consider.
Do clinics on Medimap take certain insurance providers?
Yes, clinics listed on Medimap accept a variety of insurance providers. It is best to confirm with the clinic you’ve booked an appointment with that they accept your insurance provider when you book an appointment on medimap.ca.
Orthodontists are specialized dental professionals dedicated to improving the alignment of teeth and jaws, helping patients achieve beautiful smiles and optimal oral health. In Canada, orthodontists play a crucial role in the field of dentistry, providing a range of services to correct dental irregularities, such as misaligned teeth, crowded jaws, and malocclusions. Let's explore the significance of orthodontists, the diverse range of services they offer, and how they contribute to perfecting smiles and promoting oral well-being across the country.
The Role of Orthodontists:
Orthodontists are dentists with advanced training in orthodontics, a branch of dentistry that focuses on the diagnosis, prevention, and treatment of dental irregularities. Their expertise lies in identifying issues related to teeth and jaw alignment and devising appropriate treatment plans to correct these problems.
By using various orthodontic appliances and techniques, orthodontists can realign teeth and jaws, ultimately improving a patient's bite, smile aesthetics, and overall oral health. Their work goes beyond aesthetics, as properly aligned teeth and jaws contribute to better oral hygiene, reduced risk of dental issues, and improved speech and chewing function.
Comprehensive Services Offered:
Orthodontists in Canada offer a comprehensive range of services to address various dental irregularities and malocclusions. Some key services provided by orthodontists include:
- Traditional Braces: Traditional braces consist of metal brackets attached to the teeth, connected by archwires. Over time, the gentle pressure of the wires helps move the teeth into their correct positions.
- Ceramic Braces: Ceramic braces are similar to traditional braces but use tooth-colored or clear brackets and wires, making them less noticeable.
- Invisalign: Invisalign is a popular alternative to traditional braces, using a series of clear, removable aligners to gradually shift the teeth. Invisalign aligners are virtually invisible and can be removed for eating, brushing, and flossing.
- Retainers: After completing orthodontic treatment, patients often receive retainers to maintain the alignment of their teeth and prevent them from shifting back to their original positions.
- Functional Appliances: Functional appliances, such as headgear and expanders, are used to correct jaw growth discrepancies and improve the harmony between the upper and lower jaws.
- Surgical Orthodontics: In some cases of severe jaw discrepancies, orthodontists may collaborate with oral and maxillofacial surgeons to perform surgical procedures to realign the jaws.
Expertise and Specialization:
Orthodontists in Canada undergo extensive education and training beyond dental school to specialize in orthodontics. After obtaining a dental degree, they complete a postgraduate program in orthodontics accredited by the Royal College of Dentists of Canada. This specialized training equips them with the knowledge and skills necessary to address various dental irregularities effectively.
Orthodontists in Canada are proficient in using advanced technology, such as digital imaging and computer simulations, to plan and execute precise orthodontic treatments. Their expertise extends to children, teenagers, and adults, allowing them to tailor treatment plans to meet the specific needs and age-related considerations of their patients.
Advancements in Orthodontics: Embracing Technology for Better Results
Orthodontics in Canada has witnessed remarkable advancements in technology, leading to improved treatment outcomes and patient experiences. Digital imaging, 3D scanning, and CAD/CAM technology have revolutionized orthodontic treatment planning and appliance fabrication, ensuring precise and personalized solutions. Invisalign and clear aligner systems provide discreet and comfortable alternatives to traditional braces, making orthodontic treatment less visible and more convenient. Moreover, teleorthodontics allows remote monitoring and virtual consultations, enhancing accessibility to orthodontic care. By embracing technology, orthodontists offer faster, more efficient, and aesthetically pleasing solutions, perfecting smiles and promoting optimal oral health for patients across the country.
Importance of Early Orthodontic Evaluation:
Orthodontic clinics in Canada recommend early orthodontic evaluations for children, typically starting around the age of seven. Early evaluations allow orthodontists to identify potential dental irregularities or jaw growth discrepancies and intervene at the most appropriate time.
Early orthodontic treatment, known as interceptive orthodontics, can prevent more severe problems from developing, potentially reducing the need for extensive orthodontic work in the future. Through early evaluation and intervention, orthodontists can guide jaw growth, create more space for emerging permanent teeth, and correct harmful habits like thumb-sucking.
Accessing Orthodontists in Canada:
To access orthodontic services in Canada, consider the following approaches:
- Referrals from Dentists: General dentists often refer patients to orthodontists for specialized treatment. If you have concerns about dental irregularities or your dentist recommends orthodontic evaluation, they can provide you with a referral to a reputable orthodontist.
- Online Directories: Utilize online directories or search engines to find orthodontists near you. By searching for "Orthodontists in [your location]" or "Orthodontists near me," you can generate a list of professionals in your area.
- Orthodontic Associations: The Canadian Association of Orthodontists (CAO) is a valuable resource for finding licensed orthodontists in Canada. Their website provides information about accredited orthodontists and promotes the highest standards of orthodontic care.
- Medimap: For a convenient and comprehensive approach, consider using Medimap.ca to find Orthodontists near me. Medimap, a trusted online platform for healthcare services, can help you locate orthodontists in your area. By visiting medimap.ca and entering your location, you can access a curated list of orthodontic clinics that offer specialized dental services. Medimap not only provides clinic locations but also offers essential details such as available services, orthodontists' qualifications, and contact information. This user-friendly platform streamlines your search, ensuring that you can easily access orthodontic care and achieve the smile of your dreams.
Orthodontists in Canada play a pivotal role in perfecting smiles and promoting optimal oral health. Their specialized training and expertise enable them to diagnose and treat dental irregularities, realign teeth and jaws, and create beautiful smiles for patients of all ages. By offering a range of orthodontic services, including traditional braces, Invisalign, and functional appliances, orthodontists cater to diverse needs and preferences
Early orthodontic evaluations further enhance the effectiveness of orthodontic treatments, allowing orthodontists to intervene at the most appropriate time and potentially prevent more severe problems in the future. Embrace the benefits of orthodontic care as provided by licensed orthodontists in Canada and explore the options available to you through referrals, online directories, orthodontic associations, or platforms like Medimap. With the guidance of orthodontic specialists, you can achieve the smile you've always desired, along with improved oral health and enhanced self-confidence.