Dentists near me in Vancouver, BC
Use Medimap to find and book dentists in Vancouver, BC. It’s simple, free and safe. Find dentists open today or see their hours of operation.
Find the best dentists in Vancouver, BC
How to book a dentist in Vancouver, BC
AccessWe are growing our network of thousands of clinic partnerships that allows patients to access same-day and next-day care.
ConvenienceWe simplify the process by making it easy to compare and select a Dentist 24/7.
BookPatients can book an appointment in just a few clicks with a local Dentist.
Frequently Asked Questions about Dentists
How to cure gum disease without a dentist?
Gum disease more commonly known as Periodontitis is a serious infection of the gums that damages the soft tissue that surrounds and supports your teeth. Gum disease is a major cause of tooth loss in adults. It is caused by bacterial plaque, a thin sticky layer that collects at the gum line when there is a lack of daily oral hygiene. When gum disease is not taken care of right away, it can lead to more serious problems.
There are several warning signs to look out for that could lead to gum disease: Gums that bleed easily when brushing Persistent bad breath Permanent teeth that are loose or separating Gums that been receding away from the teeth
To treat gum disease without a dentist, it’s important to adopt good oral hygiene habits daily. Use floss to clean between the teeth, in spaces that the toothbrush cannot easily get to.
Take extra care when cleaning areas of uneven surfaces such as cooked teeth, fillings and crowns.
After brushing, use an antibacterial mouthwash to help prevent bacteria from growing and reduce any inflammatory reaction in the mouth.
How to remove tartar from teeth without a dentist?
Tartar is a plaque that has become hard on the teeth. It can also start to form beneath the gum line and irritate the gum tissues. If you drink tea or coffee, you are more likely to develop tartar on your teeth.
There are ways to get rid of tartar naturally that are worth trying.
Baking Soda can help soften tartar’s structure and neutralize bacterial acid. Mix a teaspoon of baking soda in your toothpaste solution. Apply the mixture to your teeth and let sit for at least 15 minutes. Rinse with warm water.
Vinegar can cut through tartar. Rinse with a mixture of vinegar and salt water for a few minutes, then rinse
Another option is oil pulling with coconut oil which has the benefit of teeth protection. Add some to water and gargle for 5-10 minutes, then spit it out.
If these methods do not work, do not hesitate to visit a dentist.
How to get rid of a tooth abscess without going to the dentist?
A dental abscess, also known as a tooth abscess, is a pus-filled infection that develops inside the teeth or gums. Rinse your mouth with 1 teaspoon of salt with a cup of warm water, gargle for 2 minutes then spit it out. Using oregano essential oil: Add a few drops of oil to a carrier oil such as coconut oil. Add a few drops to a cotton ball and apply to the affected area for 2-3 minutes. Wait 10 minutes for the mixture to settle before spitting it out. Applying ice can actually counteract the discomfort and inflammation. Put a few ice cubes in a dry cloth and compress it to the affected area for 15 minutes.
If the pain and discomfort do not subside, visit a dentist.
How often should you go to the dentist?
Most dentists recommend that people visit the dentist every 6 months. If you haven’t been to the dentist in a long time, it might be a good idea to have cleanings every 4 months if your teeth have not been taken care of very well.
For children, it is also recommended that they visit a dentist every 6 months, beginning approximately 6 months after the first tooth emerges.
How much is a cleaning at the dentist?
Each province has varying suggested rates for dental cleaning. If you don’t have health insurance that fully covers a 30-minute cleaning. A cleaning in Nova Scotia costs $86, $140 in Alberta, $91 in British Columbia, and $115 in Ontario.
Dentistry is an important branch of medicine that focuses on the diagnosis, prevention, and treatment of oral diseases and conditions. There are approximately 21,000 dentists in Canada who provide a wide range of services to patients of all ages.
Education and Training
Individuals seeking to become dentists in Vancouver,BC must first complete a four-year undergraduate degree in a related field, followed by a four-year Doctor of Dental Medicine (DMD) or Doctor of Dental Surgery (DDS) degree program. Dentists must pass a national board exam and obtain a license to practice in their province or territory after completing their dental degree.
Services Offered by Dentists in British Columbia
Dentists in British Columbia offer a wide range of services to their patients, including:
- Routine Cleanings and Exams: Regular dental checkups and cleanings are critical for maintaining good oral health and avoiding tooth decay, gum disease, and other oral health problems.
- Restorative Treatments: Dentists can also provide restorative treatments, such as fillings, crowns, and bridges, to repair damaged or decayed teeth and restore proper function.
- Orthodontic Treatment: Orthodontic treatment, such as braces or aligners, can be provided by dentists to help correct misaligned teeth and improve the appearance and function of the bite.
- Cosmetic Dentistry: Dentists can also provide cosmetic treatments, such as teeth whitening, veneers, and bonding, to improve the appearance of the teeth and enhance the patient's smile.
- Oral Surgery: To treat more complex dental issues, dentists may also perform oral surgery procedures such as extractions, root canals, and dental implants.
Benefits of Visiting a Dentist in British Columbia
Visiting a dentist regularly is essential for maintaining good oral health and overall health. Some of the key benefits of visiting a dentist in Vancouver,BC include:
- Prevention of Oral Health Issues: Regular dental checkups and cleanings can help prevent the development or progression of oral health issues such as tooth decay, gum disease, and oral cancer.
- Early Detection of Oral Health Issues: Visiting a dentist regularly can help detect oral health issues early, when they are easier to treat and manage.
- Improved Overall Health: Oral health is closely related to overall health, and seeing a dentist on a regular basis can help improve overall health outcomes by lowering the risk of systemic health issues like heart disease and diabetes.
- Enhanced Appearance and Function of the Teeth: Cosmetic and restorative dental treatments can improve the appearance and function of the teeth, enhancing the patient's self-esteem and quality of life.
- Expert Advice and Education: Dentists are highly trained professionals who can offer expert advice and education on how to keep your mouth healthy. They can instruct patients on proper brushing and flossing techniques, recommend appropriate oral care products, and counsel patients on healthy lifestyle habits.
- Customized Treatment Plans: Every patient's oral health needs are unique, and visiting a dentist regularly can help ensure that each patient receives a customized treatment plan tailored to their individual needs. This can help address any existing oral health issues and prevent future ones from developing.
- Access to Advanced Technology and Techniques: Dentistry is a constantly evolving field, and dentists in Canada are typically well-equipped with the most up-to-date technology and techniques to provide their patients with high-quality care. This can range from digital x-rays and laser treatments to the most recent cosmetic and restorative procedures.
- Emergency Care: Dental emergencies can happen at any time, and visiting a dentist regularly can ensure that patients have access to emergency care when they need it. Whether it's a severe toothache, a broken tooth, or other urgent dental issue, dentists in Canada are typically equipped to provide prompt and effective emergency care.
Overall, seeing a dentist on a regular basis is an important part of maintaining good oral and overall health. Dentists in Vancouver,BC play a critical role in helping patients achieve optimal oral health and overall health outcomes by preventing oral health issues, detecting problems early, improving overall health outcomes, enhancing the appearance and function of the teeth, providing expert advice and education, offering customized treatment plans, providing access to advanced technology and techniques, and providing emergency care.
If you ever need to search for “dentists near me ”, Medimap.ca can help you find a dentist near you by providing a searchable directory of dental clinics across Canada. Users can search for dental clinics in their area by entering their location, including their city or postal code. They can also filter their search results by specific dental services offered, such as general dentistry, cosmetic dentistry, or orthodontics.
Once a user has found a dental clinic they are interested in, they can view more detailed information about the clinic, including its address, phone number, and website. Some clinics may also provide additional information, such as the languages spoken by staff members, the types of insurance they accept, and any special promotions or discounts they are offering.
Users can also view patient reviews and ratings of dental clinics on Medimap.ca , which can help them make informed decisions about which clinic to choose. These reviews and ratings are based on the experiences of other patients who have visited the clinic and can provide valuable insights into the quality of care provided.
Overall, Medimap.ca is a convenient and user-friendly tool for locating a dentist near you in Vancouver,BC. Medimap.ca can help you find a dental clinic that meets your needs, whether you need a routine checkup or more specialized dental services.